Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Self Assessment

Theory

* I have attempted to incorporate a breadth and depth of theories and models.
* I have analysed theories and models and included many of the models in the appendix.
* I also tried to explore theories that were not covered in other people’s blogs- to demonstrate independent thinking.
* I have included many theories and models of ‘attitude change’ including cognitive dissonance theory, cognitive response theory, elaboration likelihood model and Yale model of persuasion.


Research
* I have attempted to incorporate a breadth and depth of research studies.
* I have integrated theory and research- detailing information about theories and evidencing them with appropriate research and references.
* I have an extensive reference list- evidencing a multitude of research reports and academic journals.
* I researched the topic extensively- this can be seen with my clear evolution of thinking and extensive reference list.

Written Expression

* It is my belief that my blog has fluently expressed and analysed the ‘Attitude Change’ question.
* I believe that I have answered the question. Providing information on the factors determining the success of attitude change programs. I have offered an original and factual analysis of theories, models, techniques and research reports.
* I have attempted to publish a smooth, easy to follow blog. I have an abstract, introduction which clearly highlights the direction of my blog, and headings throughout the blog. I have also given a definitive conclusion to my blog.
* Readability Analysis-
I Received a Gunning Fog Index of:15.48
I Received a Flesch Reading Ease of: 28.68
I understand that this is not as ‘desirable’ as hoped- yet I believe that my writing is academic yet simple and comprehensible. I have also formatted my blog to be highly readable.

Other Markers of Readability-
- I have included a meaningful, descriptive essay title
- I have included an abstract
- I have included subheadings
- I have included many figures to give a greater breadth of knowledge to my blog.
- I have included images and multimedia
- I have included appendices.
- Use of Examples- I have used copious amounts of examples from the National Drugs Campaign- highlighting theories, models and principles of attitude change.
- APA style- I have conformed to the APA standards throughout my blog- In text citations and referencing have been strictly adhered to.



Online Engagement

* It is my belief that I have had a high online engagement for blog 1.
* I submitted my blog feed very early in the semester (#6 on list of blog submissions)
* I published a test blog very early in the semester ( Wed 18th July 2007)
* I have sought and gathered many meaningful comments. I have commented on such blogs as
- Kelg85
- Bec Blair
- Clare Bear
- Michelle
- Beck
- Kara
- Josie
- Fiona
* I have meaningfully replied to several of my comments- clarifying points, discussing ideas and assisting other students with blogging issues.
* I have made relevant links to useful information- including a wikipedia article I found useful getting my blog started, the National Drug Campaign website and the Children See Children Do website.
* I have published several blog postings- and my attitude change essay has evolved because of my postings. I posted a social self blog- after discovering the difficulties of writing about myself- - I then began to blog about attitude change campaigns.
- I have read and noted many of my comments- and adapted my blog accordingly.
- I have customized the look, feel and readability of my blog. I adapted the fonts, colours and layout of my blog. I have added social psychology pictures to assist with the mood of my blog.
- I have certainly made effective use of multimedia- images, embedded video (children see children do, speeding no one thinks big of you, ice- don’t let it destroy you); I have also included a poll on my blog. I pride myself on the multimedia capacities of my blog.
- I have added a great deal of extra information about myself. My interests, the books I like, movies, music etc. I also added a photo of myself to encourage people to discuss social psychology in a ‘real world’ setting also.
- I believe my online engagement to be extremely high. I believe that I have been one of the ‘front running’ bloggers throughout this exercise. I have used multimedia, my blog has evolved throughout the semester, I have posted drafts, concept maps, pictures and ideas.
* I believe that I deserve at least a distinction + for my online engagement. I have been very active, enthusiastic and open throughout the semester. My Blog received two lightbulbs, indicating a superior, clear evolution of thinking.


Overall, I believe that I have produced a meaningful, comprehensive and clear blog. I am proud of the amount of work I have put in throughout the semester and believe that I deserve to go well, considering my originality, clear evolution of thinking, and online engagement.

No comments: