Sunday, October 28, 2007

Self Assessment

Theory

* I have attempted to incorporate a breadth and depth of theories and models.

* I have analysed theories and models and included many of the models in the appendix. I have also formulated my own ‘Integrational Model’.

* I have included many theories and models of ‘attractiveness’ including Proximity theory, mere exposure effect, attitude similarity effect, matching hypothesis, reciprocity theory, reinforcement affect model, social exchange theory, and averageness theory.


Research

* I have attempted to incorporate a breadth and depth of research studies.

* I have integrated theory and research- detailing information about theories and evidencing them with appropriate research and references.

* I have an extensive reference list of 26 main references- evidencing a multitude of research reports and academic journals

* I researched the topic extensively- this can be seen with my clear evolution of thinking, extensive reference list and concept map A- showing a great understanding of the entire field of attractiveness.

Written Expression

* It is my belief that my blog has fluently expressed and analysed the ‘Attractiveness’ question.

* I believe that I have answered the question. Providing information on why some people are considered attractive and factual analysis of theories, models, and research studies.

* I have attempted to publish a smooth, easy to follow blog. I have an abstract, introduction which clearly highlights the direction of my blog, and headings throughout the blog. I have also given a definitive conclusion to my blog.

* Readability Analysis- I Received a Gunning Fog Index of: 17.21 I Received a Flesch Reading Ease of: 17.51

I understand that this is not as ‘desirable’ as hoped- yet I believe that my writing is academic yet simple and comprehensible. I have also formatted my blog to be highly readable.

Other Markers of Readability-
* I have included a meaningful, descriptive essay title
* I have included an abstract
* I have included subheadings
* I have included many figures to give a greater breadth of knowledge to my blog.
* I have included images and multimedia
* I have included appendices.
* Use of Examples- I have used copious amounts of examples- I have used pictures of well known celebrities that typify aspects of my blog. I have used models and diagrams to evidence and example many of the theories and research findings.
* I have included many Appendices to further explain, clarify or illustrate my findings.
* APA style- I have conformed to the APA standards throughout my blog- In text citations and referencing have been strictly adhered to.



Online Engagement

* It is my belief that I have had a high online engagement for blog 2.

* I chose my topic very early in the term, showing enthusiasm and preparedness.
* I have published many blogs throughout the term.
* I Have sought and gathered meaningful comments throughout the term. I have commented on the following peoples blogs:
-Beck’s Blog
-Bec’s Blog
-Bethany’s Blog
-Emma’s Blog
-Emily’s Blog
-Erin’s Blog
-Graham’s Blog
-Josie’s Blog
-Kim’s Blog
-Luke’s Blog
-Mike’s Blog
-Mrs Freud’s Blog

* In turn, I have received over 36 comments on my blog from other students and James. Which has assisted in the depth of my knowledge

* I have meaningfully replied to several of my comments- clarifying points, discussing ideas and assisting other students with blogging issues.

* I have published 16 bloggings- each time I have posted my essay have evolved and grown in depth and breadth. I have written meaningful insights, academic findings and published a draft introduction to get feedback on the progress and direction of my blog.

* I have read and noted many of my comments- and adapted my blog accordingly.

* I have certainly made effective use of multimedia- images, embedded video- I have posted a series of attractiveness videos, have posted the dove evolution of beauty campaign and have provided many photo’s to evidence the research that I have detailed.

* I Have received 3 * (Stars) on my blog which highlights that my blog has been active, regular and that I have had a clear evolution of thinking in weeks 8-15.

* I believe my online engagement to be extremely high. I have made MANY comments, suggested academic journals to other students, collaborated with students who are doing similar questions. I have made MANY blog postings and have effectively utilised the entire blog format- using video, pictures, polls etc.

I believe that I deserve at least a distinction + for my online engagement. I have been very active, enthusiastic and open throughout the semester.

Overall I believe that I have produced a meaningful, insightful and deep blog. I have detailed and discussed many theories, models and research studies. I have done a great deal of research on the topic and consider myself to be very knowledgeable on the entire ‘attractiveness’ topic. I am disappointed that I could not have written 3000 words, because I found so much valuable research and theory to include.

I have written a clear, concise, readable blog and have engaged, evolved and been enriched throughout the term. I believe that I deserve to do well, as I have put an enormous amount of effort into my blog.

1 comment:

Amarion said...

Hi...,
Nice job done here my dear.I think it is the strong point that your are confident to answered the question briefly.I appreciate it.
kitchen calgary